The Biotechnology Division of the Bay Zoltán Nonprofit Ltd. of Applied Research in Szeged offers state-of-the-art solutions, new knowledge and complex analytical methods for the food industry with years of experience.
What problems can we help you with?
- In case you require tests related to production technology, quality control: identifying biotechnological or hygiene problems, risk assessment and proposing solutions and treatments.
- Studies related to new product development: laboratory scale enzymatic and live cell transformations, fermentation experiments using yeasts and lactic acid bacteria with microbiological, molecular biological and analytical monitoring.
- Preservation of product: preservative efficiency test, challenge test using isolated microorganisms from microbial strain collection or industrial environment; microbial cell tracking during storage with classical microbiological and molecular biological methods; water activity measurement; microbial death modelling; matrix effect calculation; impact assessment of storage conditions to determine the ideal temperature and atmosphere.
- Determination of germicidal efficiency.
- Specific requests about isolating, characterising and maintaining strain isolates from a given operational environment.
Why choose us?
- We work with a complex team of experts (biologists, chemists, and food engineers) supported by our national coverage.
- We have a state-of-the-art, full-service chemical, microbiological and molecular biology laboratory.
- strain or function-specific molecular biology measurements (PCR, qPCR)
- microscopy (light, stereo, fluorescence)
- spectroscopy (UV-VIS, fluorescence)
- elemental analysis (ICP-OES),
- chromatography (GC-MS, HPLC-DAD)
- aerobic, anaerobic incubators
|Noémi Hunyadi-Sztanik – Food safety and quality engineering MSc.
4 years of professional experience in food-related research
|Mónika Hegedűs-Bite – laboratory assistant
Food technology engineer. 15 years of experience in chemical and microbiological food testing
|Vörös Andrea – laboratory assistant
Food technology engineer. 30 years of experience in molecular biology, microbiological methods
Dr. Margit BALÁZS – Head Of Department
Deptartment of Recycling of Secondary Raw Materials