The Software Centre – on one hand – is a group of different softwares which supports development of technological processes and products, and – on the other hand – contains several years’ knowledge and experiences of the research team, which are necessary to perform these activities.
The Software Centre integrates modern, computer and information-technology assisted engineering activities/capacities which lead the complete design process in a virtual space and include the most modern design and modelling software tools (modelling of materials, components, structures, technologies, processes).
- High computing capacity server computer
- Extensive software park access with several years of professional experience: MARC, ADAMS, Simufact.Welding, Simufact.Forming, JMatPro, Moldlfow, DIGIMAT, Comsol, Maple, Matlab, Autodesk Product Design Suite
With this infrastructure, it is possible to:
- perform the development processes in virtual space,
- optimize production technologies and products,
- analyse the difference between the real and testing conditions,
- produce realistic prototypes,
- develop and test web-based monitoring sensor-systems during operation.
- technology design, and reliability assessment.
Technology design, and reliability.
Simulations for metallic materials
- Complex welding simulations
- Modelling heat treatments considering changes of material structure
- Modelling volumetric plastic deformation technology
- Analyzing sheet metal forming
Simulations for polymers
- Filling and solidification time
- Pressure and form compressing force
- Filling ratio, solidification lines
- Polymer fibre orientation
- Volume-shrinkage and warping tests
- Filling-system optimization simulations
- Determination of local material properties
Product design and reliability
- 2D, 3D modelling
- Motion simulation, dynamic analysis
- Metallic and non-metallic material analysis
- Elastic and plastic deformation analysis
- Laminated composite analysis, multi-phase composites
- Tribological and wear analysis
- Fracture mechanics and fatigue analysis
- Static and transient thermal conduction problems
- Coupled mechanical and thermodynamic analysis
- Vibration and acoustic simulation for automotive, electronic, medical, venting and other industrial systems
Dr. Szabolcs SZÁVAI– Head of the Department, Department of Structural Integrity and Production Technologies
Address: H-3519 Miskolc, Iglói út 2.