The Bay Zoltán Nonprofit Ltd. for Applied Research is the leading applied research institution of Hungary. The Engineering Division of the Ltd. operates in Budapest, Miskolc, and Eger.
The Division is active in the following fields of R&D, engineering consultations and services:
Developments and services in material’s sciences and technologies:
- Development and analysis of structural and functional materials (metallic and non-metallic)
- Development of joining and machining technologies
- Development of coating and surface technologies
- Development and other services for industrial laser technologies (including welding, cutting, surface treatment, and 3D machining)
- Development of material testing methods
Mechanical engineering developments and services:
- Modeling and design of engineering structures, metallic, polymer and composite products and their production technologies
- Numerical modeling and analysis for the damage processes of structural materials, and failure analysis
- Virtual reality technologies, and development of their industrial applications
- Operational safety analysis, risk management, and lifetime analyses
We have ISO 9001 certification since 2006. The Department of Structural Integrity and our Laboratory for Mechanical Tests have certificaion for expertise related to the nuclear power plant equipment of safety classification ABOS 1,2,3 of the Paks Nuclear Power Plant in 2007.
Engineering Division has the following research infrastructure:
- Industrial Laser Technology Laboratory (Budapest, Eger) Strategic Research Infrastructure in NEKIFUT data base
- Mechanical Testing Laboratory, accredited by NAT (Miskolc) – Strategic Research Infrastructure in NEKIFUT data base
- Nanochemistry Laboratory (Budapest) – Strategic Research Infrastructure in NEKIFUT data base
- Nanomaterials Laboratory (Miskolc) – Registered Research Infrastructure in NEKIFUT data base
- Software Centre (Miskolc) – Registered Research Infrastructure in NEKIFUT data base
- Virtual Reality Laboratory (Miskolc)
- Nondestructive Testing Laboratory (Miskolc)
Engineering Division has about 60 employees. Some of them are involved in teaching at different universities at B.Sc, M.Sc and Ph.D levels (supported by BAY-fellowships also). We are exceptionally active in nation-wide and international networking, including bilateral cooperations, and several EU projects (R&D, networking) successfully completed.
- Department of Materials Testing
- Department of Industrial Materials Technology
- Department of Structural Integrity and Production Technologies
Bay Zoltán Nonprofit Ltd. for Applied Research,
BAY-ENG Engineering Division
Address: H- 3519 Miskolc, Iglói út 2.